Integrative medicine takes a holistic approach to health and healing. We offer safe and effective care for children from birth to age 25.
Virtual visit appointments
To schedule an integrative medicine virtual visit for your child or to talk about your child's care, call 1-206-292-2249.
To enter your virtual care appointment, select the button below.
Integrative medicine looks at each patient as a whole person and seeks to understand:
- The cause of health problems
- How lifestyle choices may tip the body out of balance and into a state of illness
- How eating habits might contribute to poor health or imbalance
- How a feeling of belonging to a community can affect health
Integrative medicine specialists use a number of approaches to help stop illness and promote healing. These approaches are based on results and research.
The Polyclinic offers integrative medicine to pediatric patients from birth to age 25. We work closely with your child and respect their own healing skills. We also use treatments that are more natural and less invasive whenever possible.
Meet Dr. Lindsay
Listen as Dr. Lindsay talks about our services and how they can help your child.
Meet Dr. Lindsay
- I'm Jesse Lindsay, and I'm an integrative pediatrician at the Polyclinic. At the Polyclinic, I'm going to start an integrative medicine consult practice. People 25 and under coming into get a more holistic approach to whatever problem or condition or concern that they are dealing with. Integrative medicine is really the bridge or the melding of traditional medicine, as well as complementary or alternative medicine using really evidence informed practices. When a patient comes to see me, my goal is to listen carefully to their current concerns, help address nutrition, lifestyle choices. I'm able to recommend herbs or supplements. And then if, say, something along the lines of acupuncture or massage therapy or hypnotherapy would be beneficial, I'm able to make that referral. I love the people that I work with at the Polyclinic. I really like my colleagues. I really like our staff and just hardworking spirit of our group. I am really excited and grateful for the opportunity to bring integrative medicine consultation to the Polyclinic. And I think that for kids, this is such an important service because no parent wants to put their child on medications. And if we can do things more naturally and talk about diet and sleep and mindfulness and relaxation techniques, I think that'll be a real benefit to our patients. When I'm not working, I enjoy being in nature with my two kids and husband, and exploring the natural world.
Our integrative medicine specialists take a holistic approach to health and healing. We look at your child’s unique qualities, family history, lifestyle, social structure and medical issues. Then we create a personalized care plan.
In addition, we work closely with your child’s primary care doctor. Our goal is to share information and offer solutions that help meet your child’s needs.OR
We use both traditional and nontraditional approaches when creating a care plan for your child. These may include:
- Identifying any foods that might be causing health or behavioral problems
- Suggesting herbs or supplements that are effective for certain health conditions
- Using mind-body practices like meditation or hypnosis to help lower stress and promote the body’s natural ability to heal
People often turn to integrative medicine when they’re feeling discouraged or can't find answers to their health problems. But in fact, anyone can benefit from integrative medicine.
For example, integrative medicine might be a good fit for those who want to find possible causes of their health conditions. It might also be helpful to people interested in making healthy lifestyle changes and taking fewer medications.OR
Integrative medicine can help with many different health concerns, including:
- ADHD (attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder)
- Anxiety (worrying more than normal) or sadness
- Asthma, allergies and eczema
- Autism (a group of developmental disabilities)
- Autoimmune illnesses (which cause the body to attack healthy cells)
- Chronic (ongoing) pain
- Digestion problems
- Feeling tired
Integrative medicine is a specialty service. Because of this, we can’t be your child’s primary doctor. You need a pediatrician or a family medicine doctor to care for your child's routine and urgent medical needs.OR
You can expect a 75-minute first appointment and one 45-minute follow-up visit. Both you and your child’s doctor will receive a copy of the appointment notes for your records.OR
Health and wellness
Looking for ways to feel your best? Check out our wellness library and community events.
Visit this page regularly to find out what's happening at The Polyclinic.
Find a doctor
Search for a Polyclinic doctor or provider by name, specialty or location.