Sports and performance medicine
We’ll help you return to the activities you enjoy as quickly and safely as possible.
If you’ve been injured while exercising or participating in a sport, our sports medicine specialists can help. They provide expert diagnosis and complete nonsurgical care for athletes and nonathletes of all ages.
Several of our doctors have advanced training in this area of medicine. They create patient-centered treatment plans and work with other specialists in our musculoskeletal program. The goal is to help patients engage safely in sports and other activities.
We care for patients who have been hurt or have physical limits because of injury or disease. We also teach patients how to avoid injuries.
- Nonsurgical care of musculoskeletal conditions
- Care for broken bones
- Joint injections to ease pain
- Treatment for injuries, such ankle strains and knee and shoulder injuries
- Care for sports and work injuries related to overuse
- Care for concussions (a type of traumatic brain injury)
- Return-to-play decisions for sick or injured athletes
- Recommendations for safe strength training and exercises to help you stay fit
- Tips to keep injuries from happening
- Care for special populations, such as pregnant women, performing artists and patients with scoliosis (a curved spine)
- Sport physicals
- Consultations with coaches, trainers and athletes
Call 1-206-860-5584 to schedule an appointment or for more information. Fax forms, patient referrals and other documents to 1-206-720-7428.
Complete musculoskeletal care
Sports and performance medicine is part of a larger musculoskeletal program at The Polyclinic that also includes: