Our neurologists care for brain and nervous system disorders of all kinds, from epilepsy to stroke.
Neurology is a medical specialty that deals with problems of the brain and nervous system. Our board-certified neurologists are experts in diagnosing and treating a wide range of neurological diseases and conditions.
Our services include:
- General neurology
- EMG/electrodiagnosis (testing nerve and muscle function)
- Sleep medicine
We offer extensive electrodiagnosis services. Nerves and muscles create electrical signals that deliver messages to and from the brain. Measuring these signals provides important diagnostic and treatment information.
Conditions and diseases
The conditions and diseases we care for include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Carpal tunnel syndrome (numbness and tingling in the hand and arm)
- Epilepsy (seizure disorder)
- Facial droop
- Facial spasms
- Headaches and migraine
- Limb numbness and weakness
- Memory and thinking problems
- Multiple sclerosis (a disease of the central nervous system)
- Movement disorders
- Neck and back pain
- Parkinson's disease (a nervous system disorder that affects movement)
- Peripheral nerve disorders (weakness, numbness and pain, usually in the hands and feet)
- Sciatica (pain that runs from the lower back down one or both legs)
- Seizure disorders
- Torticollis (a condition that makes a child’s head to tilt to one side)
Preparing for your appointment
We want your neurology visit to be as successful and productive as possible. If this is your first time scheduling a visit with a Polyclinic neurologist, we will need:
- A referral from your primary care provider (PCP) or a specialist
- Recent medical records (for example, your medical history and any test results that relate to your condition)
When you call or come in, our representative may ask the following:
- Do you have a PCP at The Polyclinic or elsewhere?
- Who referred you to us?
- Have you already received a diagnosis about your condition? If so, what was it?
- What medical studies have you had done related to this condition? Please have them sent to us before your appointment.
- Are you taking any medications or getting treatment for this condition now?
Call 1-206-860-4542 to schedule an appointment or for more information. Fax forms, patient referrals and other documents to 1-206-860-2246.