Your primary care doctor is your first point of contact in preventing, understanding and caring for any health-related concerns.
Virtual care at your fingertips
Get care for common health concerns from home, work or on the go with virtual care. All you need is a computer, smartphone or tablet.
Getting the right care at every stage of life is important. That’s where primary care doctors come in. They oversee all of your health care and become a trusted partner. They’ll also be there for you if you ever have to make an urgent health care decision.
The Polyclinic has several types of primary care providers:
- Family medicine doctors provide complete, lifelong care for newborns to older adults.
- Some family medicine doctors specialize in obstetrics (pregnancy, delivery and post-natal care).
- Internal medicine doctors see adults ages 18 and older.
- Pediatricians care for children from birth to age 21.
- Older adult medicine helps patients ages 65 and older live their healthiest lives.
- Flu care at The Polyclinic
Services of a primary care doctor
Your primary care provider is your main point of contact for all your health care needs. They do annual wellness exams and recommend appropriate screening tests and preventive care. They also prescribe medications and help you manage any ongoing health conditions.
Your primary care provider will also:
- Help coordinate your care and your care team
- Make sure you get appropriate medical services
- Refer you to specialists when needed
- Avoid duplicating tests and services
Health and wellness
Looking for ways to feel your best? Check out our wellness library and community events.
Visit this page regularly to find out what's happening at The Polyclinic.
Find a doctor
Search for a Polyclinic doctor or provider by name, specialty or location.