The Polyclinic accepts most major insurance plans. You are responsible for making sure that we have correct billing information. At every visit, we need to see your government-issued ID and insurance card. We will also confirm your address and phone number.
Copays are due at the time of service. If any balance remains after your insurance claim is processed, we will bill you. Payment is due upon receipt. We accept checks, debit cards and most credit cards. We charge a $25 fee for checks returned for any reason.
Covered and noncovered services
Insurance coverage varies by plan. Please find out what your plan does and does not cover:
- We are not responsible for noncovered services or negotiating a disputed claim.
- We may ask you to sign a form stating that you are responsible for noncovered services.
Referrals and authorizations
Some insurance plans need a referral or pre-authorization before your appointment:
- It is your responsibility to make sure we have this. Without it, your insurer may deny payment.
- Any balance due is your responsibility.
If you don’t have insurance:
- We ask for a $250 deposit for your first visit and a $100 deposit for each following visit with the same provider.
- Additional deposits may be required if you need labs or X-rays.
- You will be billed for any balance due.
We kindly ask that you respect our cancellation policies:
- If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment or procedure, please do so at least 24 hours before the appointment.
- Some procedures scheduled outside a doctor’s office may need 72 hours notice.
- Missing several appointments without enough notice may mean you can no longer receive care from The Polyclinic.
We understand there are times when you may not be able to pay your bill in full. To make special payment arrangements, contact us by email. Please include your full name, date of birth or account number (if you have it). Or call our financial services department at 1-206-860-4500, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Ask if you qualify for a prompt pay discount.
Overdue accounts may be sent to our collections division. Also, you may no longer be able to receive care from The Polyclinic.
Motor vehicle and third-party billing
Motor vehicle and third-party injury claims are your financial responsibility. As a courtesy, we will submit a claim to a third party. If we don't receive payment within 90 days, you are responsible for paying the claim.