Colon and rectal surgery
Our surgeons treat a broad range of disorders of the colon and rectum.
Colon and rectal surgeons specialize in surgeries of the colon, rectum and anus, including cancer surgery. Our colon and rectal surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
All are highly experienced and take great pride in providing complete and compassionate care.
The right care makes all the difference
We treat a broad range of diseases and disorders of the colon, rectum and anus, including:
- Polyps (small clumps of cells on the lining of the colon)
- Crohn’s disease (long-term swelling of the digestive tract)
- Ulcerative colitis (long-term swelling and sores in the large intestine)
- Diverticulitis (inflamed areas in the digestive tract)
- Rectal prolapse (part or all of the rectum slips out through the anus)
- Inability to control bowel movements
- Hemorrhoids (swollen veins in the rectum or anus)
- Small tears in the lining of the anus (fissures)
- Infected areas near the anus or rectum (anal abscess and fistula)
- Warts around the rectal opening (anal condyloma)
Preventive screenings and diagnostic procedures are done in our Endoscopy Center at Polyclinic Broadway. Services include:
- Colonoscopy (a test to check for changes in the large intestine)
- Minimally invasive surgery of the colon and rectal area
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the United States. To learn about steps you can take to prevent this disease, please read this short article.OR
First Hill Surgery Center is The Polyclinic’s outpatient surgery center. It’s one of the region’s largest independent outpatient surgery centers. You can expect superior surgical care in a patient-friendly setting.
Physicians and surgeons from a number of specialties do surgeries First Hill Surgery Center. Colorectal surgeries include:
- Treatment for anal dysplasia (a precancerous condition)
- Draining an abscess (a pocket of pus usually caused by germs)
- Rectal exam while sedated (to prevent pain)
- Treatment for hemorrhoids (swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum)
Call 1-206-860-4440 to schedule an appointment or for more information. Fax forms, patient referrals and other documents to 1-206-323-9889.OR