Our advanced surgical services can help improve your outcomes and speed recovery times.
If you need surgery, our ob/gyn group offers a wide range of procedures. When possible, we do minimally invasive surgery because it uses smaller incisions than traditional surgery. Benefits include less pain and blood loss, smaller scars and shorter recovery times.
Several of our surgeons are trained in a form of minimally invasive surgery known as robotic surgery. It allows them to do many types of complex surgery with a high degree of precision and control.
Conditions we treat include:
- Endometriosis (the tissue that normally lines the womb grows outside of it)
- Hysterectomy (removing the womb)
- Ovarian cysts (sacs of fluid on the ovaries)
- Pelvic pain (pain in the lower belly)
- Pelvic prolapse (the organs in the lower belly drop)
- Pelvic floor disorders (problems due to weak muscles in the lower belly)
- Problem periods (bleeding between periods, or long or heavy periods)
- Uterine fibroids (noncancerous growths inside the womb)
First Hill Surgery Center
If your doctor recommends surgery, it might be done at First Hill Surgery Center, our outpatient surgery center. It offers the latest in surgical technology in a patient-friendly setting. Procedures that may be done here include:
- Getting a sample of uterine tissue and removing the lining of the womb
- Removing one or both ovaries
- Removing growths that form on organs around the womb