Older adult medicine
We help patients ages 65 and older live their healthiest lives.
Focused on the unique needs of older adults
At The Polyclinic, we believe that building health care services around your needs can help keep you healthy. It’s the type of care you’ll find at our Older Adult Medicine clinic. The clinic is led by Alaina Garrie, DO and Andy Lai, MD, who specialize in helping patients age well.
The older adult medicine care team sees patients ages 65 and over with select Medicare Advantage plans. They’ll listen carefully to get to know you and your health goals. Then they’ll help you create a personalized care plan to reach your goals.
Your care team includes:
- A doctor who leads your care and directs the team
- Medical assistants who help with check-in, scheduling, shots and education
- A nurse care manager who coordinates care with specialists and other services
- A social worker who connects you to any health and community resources you may need
- Longer appointments with your doctor
- Easier access to appointments
- Extra support and communication from your care team
- Specialized help for caregivers and patients with dementia
- Convenient virtual care options, like video visits
- Referrals to Polyclinic specialty services, if needed