Integrative medicine services offered
Jessica Lindsay, MD cares for patients ages 25 and younger.
March 25, 2022
Care designed for the whole person
For patients ages 25 and under, integrative medicine offers holistic healing based on:
- Past medical problems
- Family history
- Eating and other daily habits
- Social relationships
This method involves the body’s healing skills while using more natural care when needed. Dr. Jessica Lindsay leads integrative medicine for The Polyclinic. She’s also a pediatrician at Madison Center.
“The body has the natural ability to heal,” says Dr. Lindsay. “I will help you to understand the root cause of why your child is ill. I’ll offer tools to help their body and mind get back into a state of balance and wellness.”
People often choose integrative medicine when they want to:
- Find answers to their health problems
- Understand the cause of a health problem
- Make healthy lifestyle changes
Our approach to care includes:
- Pointing out foods that could cause health problems
- Suggesting herbs or supplements
- Using meditation or hypnosis to help lower stress and aid the body’s natural ability to heal
Integrative medicine can help with:
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, also called ADHD (when it’s hard for someone to pay attention and sit still)
- Anxiety (worrying more than normal) or sadness
- Asthma (a breathing illness)
- Eczema (dry, itchy, red skin)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, also called ASD (a complex disorder that affects how a person acts, communicates, learns and interacts with others)
- Autoimmune illnesses (which cause the body to attack healthy cells)
- Chronic (ongoing) pain
- Digestion problems
- Feeling tired
We’re pleased to offer this care to patients ages 25 or under. First appointments are 75 minutes. Follow-up visits are 45 minutes.
To schedule an appointment or learn more:
The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be medical advice or a substitute for professional health care. You should consult an appropriate health care professional for your specific needs.