Our ear, nose and throat (ENT) physicians specialize in the medical and surgical treatment of sinus disease, cancer, thyroid and parathyroid disease and ear diseases. They can diagnose and treat diseases of the head and neck in patients of all ages, from pediatrics to seniors.
Each of our physicians specialize in one or more of these areas:
Nose and sinuses
Surgical intervention for infectious conditions, breathing, tumors, cosmetic surgery and reconstruction, and disorders of taste and smell - Including tumors of the thyroid and parathyroid glands, saliva-producing glands, and other neck tumors/cancer.
Mouth, throat and voice box
Including possible tumors and enlargement of the tonsils.
Including hearing, balance, and facial nerve disorders. Treatment of infections, tumors, and problems related to the inner, middle, and external ear. Testing for hearing and balance is available. Consultation for hearing aids and implantation for bone anchor hearing device (BAHA) available - Including cancer, cosmetic surgery (face lift, skin resurfacing, eyelid surgery), and rehabilitation of facial paralysis.
Would you like to see one of our ENTs?
Our ear, nose and throat specialists (ENTs) are happy to see self-referred patients, though it is often best to see a primary care provider first to help identify your medical issue.
To make your appointment most productive, here are a few things the Patient Service Representative will ask about when you call or when you come to see us:
- Do you have a primary care physician, here at The Polyclinic or elsewhere?
- If so, did they refer you to ENT/otolaryngology?
- Would you like us to set you up with a PCP so that you will have someone who can provide ongoing care, not only for this issue but for all your medical needs?
- Have you already received a diagnosis about your condition, and do you have those medical records? If so, what was your diagnosis?
- Have you had imaging, lab work or other studies done related to this condition, and can you bring those records with you or have them sent to us prior to your appointment? (You may have to pick them up yourself it your appointment is scheduled on short notice.)
- Have you received any previous treatment, surgeries or other interventions related to this issue?
- What can you tell me about your symptoms, how long you’ve been experiencing them, and if you’re taking any medications or undergoing treatment currently? (A full patient history will be taken at your first visit, but this information will help us connect you with the best physician for your needs.) Please bring the name of your pharmacy and the list of medications you are currently taking when you come in for your appointment.
Once you’ve collected this information, please call the specialist’s office to speak to a Patient Service Representative.
- For patients seeing Dr. Makielski and Dr. Stickney: download this form.
- For patients seeing Dr. Bradley, Dr. Chen, or Dr. Chu: download this form.