We need your support — every step counts!
One in seven women will be stricken with breast cancer in her lifetime. What you may not know is that you can help these women and thousands of others in the fight against breast cancer.
On June 17, 2006, The Polyclinic will continue its long tradition of sponsoring the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K run/fitness walk at Qwest Field and Events Center. Previous Polyclinic teams have united over 100 participants of employees, physicians, and patients in an effort to eradicate breast cancer as a life-threatening disease. Join the fight by registering for the race with Team Polyclinic or by supporting our efforts with a pledge contribution. The money raised will fund vital education, screening and treatment programs for underserved women in our own community and support the national search for a cure.
Join Team Polyclinic
You can join Team Polyclinic by going to The Polyclinic team page and following the “join Polyclinic” link. If you would like to make a pledge contribution simply click the “support Polyclinic” tab on The Polyclinic team page and you can donate your desired amount via credit card. It’s a fast and easy way to further the fight against breast cancer.
Benefits to the Community
The 2005 Race for the Cure raised over $1.2 million! Approximately 75% of the net proceeds remain in the Puget Sound area to benefit medically underserved women while the remaining 25% is invested in the Komen Foundation’s National Research Program. In 2005, a total of $1.28 million was awarded to grant recipients in the Puget Sound Area to fund breast health outreach, education, screening, treatment, and support.